Trauma treatment doesn’t always have to be intensive. Therefore, we offer a customized plan that moves along at your pace. Our customized outpatient program often only requires one or two therapy sessions per week. Therapies and care options are designed to fit each client’s needs and include services such as 50-minute weekly psychotherapy sessions, art therapy, group therapy, chiropractic care, mindfulness, and others. At Serenity Trauma Healing Center, we aim to provide custom treatment plans that fit our clients’ schedules.
Our outpatient treatment options for this program are designed to fit each client’s individual needs. To do that, we provide a variety of different therapies and care options.
Outpatient Care Services
Some of the outpatient care services offered in our customized program include:
- Weekly psychotherapy (50 minutes): Psychotherapy can help an individual with processing emotional trauma, coping with mental health, and handling mental disorders. The better understanding of how and why a patient is experiencing what they feel can help a person function better throughout their day-to-day tasks.
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- EMDR (1.5-hour sessions): EDMR therapy stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It helps in allowing your brain to process and work through a traumatic experience in a less distressing manner. EDMR therapy is often used to treat clients who are dealing with PTSD, acute trauma, or panic disorder.
- Somatic therapy (based on the teachings of Somatic Experiencing and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy)
- Art therapy: If you’ve never considered art to be a type of trauma therapy, our art therapy sessions may be right for you. Art therapy promotes personal growth, insight, and transformation. It helps you to connect with who you really are and to develop a better understanding of your feelings, thoughts, and emotions by displaying them through visual imagery. You don’t have to be an artist to benefit from this type of therapy; you just have to be open to the idea that art can reveal a lot about who you really are.
- Group therapy: We offer group therapy as an option because it can help with feelings of isolation. Being able to share your thoughts and feelings with a group, and hearing others reciprocate, allows clients to understand they aren’t alone. Group therapy provides a built-in support system and a sense of belonging, which often makes it easier to work together to find a solution.
- Chiropractic care
- Movement/dance therapy
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness therapy has become a bit of a buzzword in the wellness industry, but its popularity is greatly due to its effectiveness. Practicing mindfulness meditation involves releasing thoughts and emotions related to the past or worries about the future and, instead, focusing on the present moment. You will be aware of the presence of your body, mind, and spirit, as well as the world around you. You’ll be able to let feelings and thoughts come and go without holding onto them or judging them. Mindfulness therapy is great for stress reduction, anxiety, dealing with pain, or just improved quality of life.
A Custom Program to Fit Your Needs
At Serenity Trauma Center, we’re happy to provide different services, schedules, and therapies that best fit the needs of our clients. Our customized outpatient program is meant to help those who need it, without such an intensive schedule.
We are a JCAHO-, state-, and CARF-accredited trauma center in Malibu, California. If a loved one or you are struggling, don’t wait to get the customized help you need. Contact us today.