Trauma, grief, and other events can have long-lasting effects. The process of healing can be long and complicated. Confronting your struggles is often an extremely difficult process, but we can offer the support and care you need through our Day Treatment Program. An alternative to residential treatment, this program aims to help you reach the deepest level of trauma healing. It can focus on a variety of mental disorders by applying different healing techniques, including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Nia movement, somatic therapy, personal training, and massage.
It’s about the transition from addressing the pain that’s been caused into becoming a new, more fulfilled, and more independent you.
Who It Helps
Our Day Treatment Program is perfect for those looking for an alternative to residential treatment and who wish to experience a highly individualized and structured clinical program to address trauma. Clients enrolled in this program may commute from their residence to our center in Malibu or live in a local sober living house. It’s designed for those who need ongoing assistance with:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) and trauma
- Mood disorders such as borderline personality disorder, bipolar personality disorder, dissociative identity disorder (DID), major depressive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Specific and generalized anxiety disorders
- Alcohol addiction or substance abuse disorders
- Eating disorders
Our 25-hour Day Treatment Program consists of five hours of therapy, five times per week. Each week, you’ll undertake:
- Five hours of EMDR or Brainspotting
- Four hours of somatic therapy
- Two hours of acupuncture
- Three hours of mindfulness
- Two hours of addiction therapy
- Two hours of neurofeedback
- Two hours of skills
- Two hours of yoga
- One hour of Nia
- One hour of personal training
- One hour of massage
There are options to adjust your therapy to address your individual needs.
About Our Therapy
Finding a way to cope with trauma or a mental disorder is often a complex process. We strive to move away from a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, our center in Malibu uses a wide range of cutting-edge personalized healing techniques to tackle psychological problems on multiple levels.
For our Day Treatment Program, our therapy covers:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – A unique and scientifically-validated form of trauma therapy that stimulates the brain through rhythmic eye movements, allowing subconscious events to be brought forth and safely processed.
- Brainspotting – A modified form of EMDR that allows the client and therapist to lead the process with more flexibility. Brainspotting is just as effective as the stricter protocols of EMDR and can be more useful in certain situations.
- Somatic Therapy – Strengthens the connection between mind and body through a specialized combination of mental and physical exercises, directed awareness, and dialogue. It works to heal the disruptive feedback loop of trauma and its effect on the Automated Nervous System and physical health.
- Acupuncture – Having its roots in ancient Chinese medicinal therapy, acupuncture can bring great physical and mental relief through the manipulation of pressure points and the body’s latent energy.
- Mindfulness – This cornerstone of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy teaches the life-long skill of sorting, examining, and controlling physical and emotional responses to the daily challenges we face. It allows an individual to be more aware of their current surroundings and feelings in the moment.
- Addiction Therapy – Addresses the root causes and manifestations of addiction in a counseling setting. This allows you to gain insight into your dependency triggers, repair the damage that has been done, and help you find an inner strength to cope.
- Neurofeedback – Non-invasive EEG biofeedback can train the brain to operate on an advanced level. Specific frequencies and areas of the brain are targeted and shaped to achieve more positive long-term mental patterns.
- Skills – Reengaging with the world after prolonged suffering can be overwhelming. Part of our therapy is to teach and renew vital coping mechanisms for a healthier day-to-day life.
- Yoga – This ancient practice has been justly popularized in the past few decades, due to its ability to engage spirituality, physicality, and mental fortitude at the same time. It helps clients uncover a peaceful strength they may not know they had.
- Nia – Set to music and danced barefoot, Nia is movement therapy unlike any other. Drawing inspiration from classical dance, martial arts, and physical therapies, Nia aims at building body awareness, self-love, and sensory engagement.
- Personal Training – A personal trainer will guide you toward appropriate strength and conditioning exercises. Physical fitness goes a long way toward a healthier, happier life.
- Massage – Having the ability to relax and unwind is important in life. Massage works to unblock physical and mental stress and helps rebuild the body after long-term harm.
The award-winning Serenity Method is holistic and comprehensive and has helped thousands of people just like you. Find a way out of addiction, trauma, and crippling disorders. Contact Serenity Trauma Healing Center in Malibu, California to start your journey to healing.