Dealing with traumatic experiences and their after effects is enough, but when you only want to get on with your life, there may be any number of barriers. The road to recovery is a long one; caring support is needed to help you heal, which is what our Intensive Outpatient Program is designed for. It provides multi-disciplined therapy for 6 to 12 hours per week while allowing you to live your daily life and rebuild your physical, emotional, and psychological well-being.
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed to help you with your ongoing recovery, while still allowing you to maintain and rebuild your day-to-day life. For 6 or 12 hours per week, you’ll have the chance to continue with our holistic, multi-disciplined therapy, designed to solidify and enhance all the positive changes you’ve made so far.
The Intensive Outpatient Program is well-suited to help with the ongoing treatment of:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Specific and Generalized Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
Intensive Outpatient Therapy – 12-Hour Program
The 12-hour IOP program consists of four hours of therapy, two times per week. Each week, you’ll undertake:
- Six hours of EMDR
- Two hours of somatic therapy
- One hour of acupuncture
- One hour of mindfulness
- One hour of yoga
- One hour of movement
Intensive Outpatient Therapy – 6-Hour Program
The 6-hour IOP program consists of three hours of therapy, two times per week. Each week, you’ll undertake:
About Our Therapy
Our award-winning center in Malibu addresses grief, trauma, and addiction through a multi-therapy system called the Serenity Method. We understand that there is no one quick fix for deep-seated psychological pain. Instead, each complex problem must be addressed on several different fronts.
For our outpatient treatment programs, this includes:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – An unusual but scientifically proven, highly effective method to confront traumatic events. Using the patient’s own rhythmic eye movements, it encourages the brain to process and “digest” trauma, rendering it less harmful.
- Somatic Therapy – A unique combination of talk therapy and physical exercises that serve to unblock and release tension due to anxiety and stress. It emphasizes a deep connection between the mind and the body and sees physical therapy as a way to overcome a painful past.
- Mindfulness – The process of self-examination and examination of emotions, thoughts, physical responses, and the way they all connect. It aims to bring you into the present moment and bring release through non-judgmental awareness.
- Yoga – A physical and spiritual form of exercise and stretching that has been practiced for thousands of years, yoga is an excellent teacher of both spiritual and physical peace and finding your inner strength through practice and dedication.
- Acupuncture – This ancient form of healing treats an imbalance of energies in the body through the careful reconfiguration of certain pressure points. In the hands of a skilled practitioner, acupuncture can provide long-lasting relief for a wide variety of physical and mental symptoms.
- Movement – Physical activity has long been considered vital for a healthy mental state. Sustained, frequent movement lowers stress and anxiety and brings about more positive moods, and we encourage all of our clients to engage in regular exercise if possible.
At Serenity Trauma Healing Center, we’re ready to do whatever it takes to overcome trauma. Join us in Malibu, California and begin the healing process. Contact our compassionate team now to find out more.