Anxiety is a pandemic that has been running wild in the lives of Americans for several decades. According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness, more than 40 million adults in the US have a form of anxiety. This statistic is eye-opening and speaks to the critical urgency in finding the best alternative therapies for anxiety offered by a trauma center in Malibu that focuses on individual treatment approaches predicated on each patient’s unique needs.
Unfortunately, traditional therapies usually don’t treat one’s anxiety down at the root of the trauma. In addition, psychiatrists will prescribe anxiety medications such as Xanax that only covers up symptoms while failing to cure people from their afflictions.
The success rate in treating people who suffer from an anxiety disorder with therapists who use alternative therapies for anxiety is very high, and like other forms of treatment, the time in which it takes for a patient to make a full recovery will vary from person to person, as we each have our own health profile and unique experiences that separate us from a standard grouping, and the individual alternative therapies for anxiety will be recommended by the therapist based on a careful assessment.
What are the Best Alternative Therapies for Anxiety?
There is a list of the best alternative therapies for anxiety that trauma centers such as Serenity Trauma Healing Center use to treat people with multiple anxiety disorder types, yet the best method for treating individuals will be determined in consultation with an anxiety therapist. However, these are the most successful methods:
- Brainspotting – Brainspotting (BSP) is an alternative therapy used to treat anxiety that utilizes fixed eye positions that link to a “brainspot”- a region of the mind that retains complex emotions and deep thoughts. Brainspotting therapists work with clients to use these brainspotts to uncover the deep root in one’s traumatic experiences, and they work with their clients to help them process the related emotions in a healthy manner to rid the body and mind of all anxiety.
- EMDR Counseling – EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) is a type of psychotherapy that treats traumatic memories. Therapists help their patients achieve an adaptive resolution. The eye movements help to uncover emotionally charged memories of traumatic events.
- Somatic Experiencing – Somatic experiencing heals stress and anxiety disorders using a body-focused therapy approach that bridges physical therapy, medicine, psychotherapy, coaching, biology, psychology, neuroscience, and medical biophysics in a highly customized manner that rids the inflicted of their anxiety stress that’s penned up in their emotional makeup.
- Havening Therapy – Havening therapy is done by a specially trained therapist who administers a wide range of touches on the upper body while using visualization techniques and counting, along with eye movements, in an approach designed to help people heal from physical pain triggered by anxiety, trauma, and stress. All of this is done within an arena that focuses on self-care, kindness, and self-compassion.
When you contact Serenity Trauma Healing Center, we will place you with one of our therapists trained in the best alternative therapies for anxiety, and he or she will be able to help you determine which approach is best for you.
What are the Symptoms that Alternative Therapies for Anxiety Treat?
A wide range of people have several anxiety-driven symptoms that alternative therapies for anxiety can treat. Some of these include the following:
- Difficulty staying asleep and falling asleep
- Problem staying focused and concentrating
- Nausea and upset stomach
- Tachycardia and rapid heartbeat
- Hostility and irritability
- Muscle tension
- Dyspnea and breathing problems
Based on your symptoms, the type of trauma you experienced and survived, your medical background, and how you respond to emotions, your therapist will recommend the best alternative therapies for anxiety, help you choose the right one, and in some cases your treatment may even involve combining two popular alternative approaches.
Do Alternative Therapies for Anxiety Include Medications?
Once you and your therapist have selected the best alternative therapies for anxiety and you have chosen the right treatment to help you treat your affliction at a deep level, you may also be required to continue an existing medication, or start a new medication prescribed by your doctor. The best alternative anxiety therapists cannot prescribe medications, so this would be done separately by your primary healthcare provider. When you have your consultation with an anxiety therapist at Serenity Trauma Healing Center, just be sure to list the medications you are currently taking so that we can ensure you get the best overall treatment.
Choosing the Best Alternative Therapies for PTSD
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, roughly seven percent of Americans have PTSD, not counting those with combat experience. When going to traditional therapy centers, clinicians often have a difficult time in treating PTSD. However, success rates are very high at centers that offer alternative therapies for PTSD, like Serenity Trauma Healing Center that offers cutting-edge treatment for people with multiple types of post-traumatic stress disorder. Some of the types of post-traumatic stress disorder that Serenity Trauma’s alternative therapies for PTSD treat include:
- Survivor’s guilt PTSD
- Complex PTSD
- Religious abuse PTSD
- Family scapegoat PTSD
- Combat PTSD
- First responder PTSD
- PTSD for a natural disaster
- PTSD from assault or an act of violence
- PTSD from kidnapping
- Comorbid PTSD
- Addiction PTSD
These types of PTSD can dramatically change one’s mood, the way they react and respond to emotional reactions, and people can isolate themselves or avoid being in social settings. In addition, physical symptoms from various types of PTSD can be crippling, and Serenity Trauma Healing Center has a very high success rate in using the best alternative therapies for PTSD to treat and rehabilitate those who suffer from anxiety disorders.
Call Serenity Trauma Healing Center to Learn Which Alternative Therapies for PTSD are Best for You
Don’t become one of the statistics; people who seek traditional PTSD therapy who exhaust themselves only to remain plagued by the impact of a traumatic event. We have a wide range of specialist therapists who can bring you peace by administering effective treatment with life-lasting results. Call today and begin an exciting new life chapter of healing and wellness.